SuperTuxKart – an exciting go-kart racing game featuring Tux and friends
Discover an exciting go-kart racing game featuring Tux and friends!
SuperTuxKart is an enhanced version of TuxKart, a kart racing game, originaly done by Steve Baker, featuring Tux and a bunch of his friends. It’s the work of the GotM run for TuxKart at happypenguin.org. It was recently picked up by a new pair of maintainers.
Basically, you run a certain number of laps and try to be faster than your opponents. Power ups, like accelerator, rockets, can help you to achieve this goal. By collecting coins you build up your power, which enables you to get more power ups whenever you collect one. The arrow- shaped red
SuperTuxKart features include:
- new characters
- new tracks
- a completly new userinterface
- some smaller graphical improvements
More info on the Project page: http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/
Download for Linux (all):
Download for specific distribution:
- Arch Linux: Stable Release can be installed from community repository. Command: pacman -S supertuxkart
- Debian 0.6.1 from Debian (warning, contains some lower quality replacement contents)
- Mandriva: A supertuxkart 0.6-package is in the official backports. Use urpmi –auto supertuxkart (Or download from rpm.pbone)
- openSUSE from openSUSE
- Ubuntu 0.6.1a at getdeb.net
- Gentoo 0.6.1a
Note: we don’t officially support distribution-specific packages, but we will check if bug-reports for those packages are general.
Note: it’s hard to keep track of every package available out there; if you know of one that is not listed here (and is up-to-date) please contact us!
Download for Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard (10.4+) Universal:
Download for Windows XP/Vista: